BikerDown Trauma kit
- A good compact first aid book or cheat sheet (ASM PACT Card).
- Nitrile gloves – No less than 2 pair – more is better!
- Anti-microbial Hand Cleaner – Waterless is preferred with at least 60% alcohol.
- Sting Relief & Burn Gel.
- Band-Aids: A variety of shapes and sizes for small cuts and scrapes. Antibiotic ointment packets
- Steri-strips or Butterfly bandages, Adhesive Sutures- used to pull a small gaping cut or wound together.
- Minimum 4 large (4×4) Sterile Gauze Pads – For Hint: paper towels in a zip-lock baggie can be used for clean up – save the sterile dressings for when you need them!
- Rescue Breathing
- Emergency Blanket – For retaining body heat that can be used as a reflector for rain and ground cover.
- Normal sterile saline with a squirt tip for irrigating – this doubles as an eyewash or wound cleansing.
- Instant Cold Pack(s) – They are single-use so if you have space, grab a couple for your kit. The larger size works better.
- Burn cream or gel (some have lidocaine for pain)- Aloe Vera aids in healing, pain relief, has anti-inflammation properties.
- Glow Stick(s) – High-intensity emergency glow stick for directing traffic or signaling for help. Consider Green, Yellow & Red so they can be used for triage!
- Heavy Duty Zip-lock Bags – Uses disposal of used and contaminated gauze, gloves, and dressings.
- Other medication – Pack the travel size or sample packets: Anti-diarrhea tablets, Anti-acid, Antihistamine (like Benadryl or Claritin), pain relievers, Electrolytes.
- Triangular Bandage – For slings, padding, strapping limbs to splints when fractures are suspected.
- Trauma shears – 7-inch Paramedic Shear – smaller ones just don’t cut it! You will need to be able to cut through leather. You will not want to move a person to remove clothing – if there is heavy bleeding you will need to cut through the leathers & other clothing. Use caution as you are using the shears since they can cut through unintended items.
- 1 or 2 rolls of 2” or 3” roll gauze.
This sounds like a lot but it is compacted in a very small waterproof bag that will fit comfortably in your saddlebags or tour pack. Items subject to change based on ability